Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My Blogging Journey through 2006 and My blog resolutions for 2007!

I have been blogging for since September-October 2003 and that is about my only claim to blogging fame. So to say I was left behind, or rather this blog. Page views have dwindled faster the frequency of my postings. Comments have become an alien word.

But the beginning of 2006 was good for me… and then slowly it started its decline. End of 2005 through early 2006, I used to get 25 to 30 comments on many posts. I was a BLOGGER. What then happened?

It was the time when I suddenly got good workload, at work of course and I was trying to prove myself at work. And my Blog got left behind! But that was not the only reason.

The main reason was another Blog I started. A food blog that I started just for fun, before knowing that there were food blogs, saw a sudden spurt of visitors. I guess I wrote funny, and I saw that I was blogrolled by a few popular food bloggers, and then every other blogger followed suit. There were some 200-300 referrers daily from different food blogs. The sudden attention was too much for me, and I just put in all my blogging effort into the food blog.

It was not surprising. My few months old blog was getting 3-4 times the visitors of my more than 2 year old blog. It was a conscious decision that this blog got lesser attention from me, but I was busy keeping up with the other blog. And general Bloggers and Food Bloggers are totally different species. I thought my food blogging pals would visit this blog, and pals from here would visit the other. I couldn’t let this blog down though… and I kept it up with news snippets and links, while my food blog grew on its own.

With all the blogrolls and links and visitors, though my food blog never reached the status that this blog had. Through the later part of 2005 and early 2006, my blog got linked in major websites and got quoted by some mainstream papers. In fact Mumbai-Mirror had my blog post featured a number of time like this and this.

How I want my Blogging Journey to be in 2007?

This Blog will remain a general topic topic blog.
Topical Blogs will be started on the Sidebar.

But posts will be more frequent, and more conversations will ensue on the blog.

I will also revamp my Bachelor Cooking blog in a big way. I have taken my own domain, but the shift has been delayed.

I will start some Niche Blogs, and hopefully a Blog network.

I shall take part in more Blog events.. Mostly onlines.

I shall Identify more niches..

Update: Here is a list of all participants in the group writing project.

Labels: ,

Share this Post >> Del.icio.us / Facebook / Stumble / Reddit

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah blogging is hardwork ...it is sometimes difficult to maintain a blog along with all the work ...hope next year is good for you ..

20/12/06 6:11 PM  
Blogger Hul said...

i read u r blog almost every week...! am too lazy to login and comment.. :(

21/12/06 1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's humbling to read a blog from an old pro. I hope all your 'babies' will continue to sprout. I'll have to check out your food blog.

21/12/06 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Madhur!!.. It takes very little time to post something, but you must have something to say or blog about, and when you are busy at other things.. yes it takes a back seat.. I envy those professional bloggers..

Hi Josh!! You should see my bloglines feed to undestand the magnitude... It is just difficult to keep up... Infowhelmed...

Hey Hul Buddy.. long time man .. How r you doing???

Thank you so much Jennifer :) I will check out your blog.. and hey Old is Fine, Pro I am not :)

23/12/06 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home