Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Am I comfortable with Nishabd!


I love Watching Amitabh Bachchan. He just fills up the screen, and this charisma that is hard to miss. So it was in (KBC)Kaun Banega Crorepati. He was never a friend like Shah Rukh Khan now, but more a father.
Oh he had a blip, during those mid life crises days, when he had not quite aged gracefully. Sagging skin, but trying to act young like the son in Suryavansh. The father was very convincing though.
My love for Amitabhjee Goes a very long way. I got my name from one of his movies. So, I have alsways had this certain connection with this Man, and have loved all his movies.
Except Black. Specially that Kissing scene. You can't imagine your Dad kissing some young girl, would you?
And now Nishabd. I get goosebumps thinking about this movie. Oh Yes, I love oldperson-young person sex scenes, and I have had my fair fantasies when I grew up. And I loved Lolita. But Amitabh is quite a father figure...
Of course, he clarified that Nishabd is not at all at a take at Nabokov. It is the story about an affection of a young girl for an older man. I hope it is not dirty geez.. As Abhinav rightly puts it, Amitabh Bachchan’s demi-god status will prevent him from fully exploring the role of a dirty old man. [via]

Labels: ,

Share this Post >> Del.icio.us / Facebook / Stumble / Reddit

1 Comments:

Blogger Bikas Mishra said...

hi, pls accept my invitation to The Bollywood Carnival. Here we showcase the best from the bloggersphere on Bollywood. We'll be looking forward to your submission.
to learn more about this carnival pls follow the link:
http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_1296.html
and to submit pls follow this link:
http://blogcarnival.com/bc/submit_1296.html

warm regards,
bikas
www.DearCinema.com

19/3/07 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home