Friday, February 24, 2006

Did a Monster mauled her?




.... But I don't know if a monster would do that to a child.
I have always been very Loud about Child abuse, and get real upset when a women abuses a child as I wrote about Dhruta here. Here, I am breaking the news of another Dhruta..

Today I was in a Reliance webworld because I like sipping coffee as I blog. As I was coming out, I saw this Crime Reporter watching a playback on his Video Camera. I have known him for sometime now and I learnt today only that he was the one who broke the news on Dhurta. He works for a Major TV as well as a Print Media House. I just went to watch what he was watching and what I saw disturbed me so much I had to turn away.

I asked him if I could blog about it, and luckily he agreed.
This news will break tomorrow on all the major news papers, and the video I saw will be telecasted at 11:30 PM IST tonight on NDTV.

In a place called Bhayandar in Thane District, Varsha Bable had been abusing Mangala Mallick, a 14 year old house maid from Bengal who was sent to Mumbai by her parents for 500 rupee a month, for some time now. When I couldn't watch the video I listened to what the doctor had to say and what he said too disturbed me.

He said that some scars will never heal and looked like she had been poured Hot oil at some point of time and that she had been abused for months now as some of the scars show. Something hard hit her head as well...

Could a monster do that?

Here is the Monster who just spoilt my weekend... being taken to the Bhayandar poilce station. Can I Swear?? YOU %&^&%$$#$#@((.... can a women do this?? and please, I am not being anti-feminist here, but I though Woman were incapable of such deeds....... Me and my assumptions!!!


An NGO had saved the child and the lady monster will stay at police custody for at least the weekend. She was taken to custody today afternoon. More news will follow.

PS: The reporter gave me the pictures to be published on my blog.
PS2: Excuse the tense of the title, which was already parmalinked.


Update: Click Home to read Updates...

Share this Post >> Del.icio.us / Facebook / Stumble / Reddit

20 Comments:

Blogger greatbong said...

Just shocking.

24/2/06 10:19 PM  
Blogger Jabberwock said...

Will look out for the news report. Thanks.

24/2/06 10:25 PM  
Blogger Utopian said...

There are no words to describe the monster who did this ....sadly there are not enough laws in India to take the culprits to trial and bring them to justice.

24/2/06 11:10 PM  
Blogger Sunil said...

sickening

24/2/06 11:42 PM  
Blogger Bonatellis said...

gawd !!! this is ghastly ...

24/2/06 11:54 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Shocking! Really shocking!!

25/2/06 12:22 AM  
Blogger Aditya Bidikar said...

This is really sick! Thanks for blogging about it.

25/2/06 12:53 AM  
Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

Tony, I do hope she gets prosecuted and sent to prison. I actually worked in the social work division of a hospital for mental diseases for a year, and none of my patients were capable of such cruelty. So she's not mentally ill, she's just a very twisted human being, truly a monster.

I guess the vulnerability of house-maids brings the worst power trip in some women. That and authoritarian systems with poor protection of workers' rights. Singapore is full of stories of abusive employers and suicidal maids. Similar tales from the Gulf countries. These bitches and their medieval asses should be locked up for good.

25/2/06 10:22 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ TM: Could it be because some Men in our society have always ill-treated them? That they are turning to vulnerable victims to mete out their frustrations and helplessness? On the lines of mother in law syndrome? Not that it is justified, but could that be the reason. How could someone do these things? Are people capable of so much hate?

@ Queer: I hope she does, and yeah unlike adult, fortunately Child victims are getting justice.. But the same reporter informed me of another child abuse case, where someone is willing to adopt the victim, a High ranking police official, but the court haven't allowed it because He is a Muslim and the Child a hindu.. Holy F@CK. Good Hit List you got... I once linked an article that Britain Blocks some Huge number of paed related sites.. there are thousands of paed out there..

@ Aditya Bidikar, joe, Bona, sunil GB: Sick? you shouldn have watched the video.. I just could watch it when the camera men went over the burn marks..Bitch..

@ Jabberwock: Check out the link from TOI in my update..

@ Utopian: Hopefully she will be punished..

25/2/06 10:33 AM  
Blogger bengaluru said...

This is a part of our India, we tend to see the malls, skyscrappers... and things like this have always been happening!

The media is doing a good job! Exposing is only the begining, hope the young girl has a better future.

25/2/06 10:45 AM  
Blogger Dhananjay Shettigar said...

Unable to explain my horror in words. Plain Unable...

25/2/06 11:17 AM  
Blogger Visithra said...

Thank god for the neighbour

it comes from the mentality that im paying her money so shes my slave - n i can do whatever i wish

we had a similar case in 04

http://www.dailynews.lk/2004/06/04/fea06.html

http://www.asianews.it/view.php?l=en&art=878

the last i heard the wealthy idiots made a report against her saying she loved to inflict herself with pain - sometimes such cases never win coz of money - i dont know the progress of the case its not in the papers

people are becoming scarier by the day

25/2/06 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Jeyavel: I don't know if the girl will have a better future as in better life, for such are the plight of millions of other poor kids, but i sure hope she gets justice..

@ Dhananjay: Even i didn't know what to write...

@ Visithra: And I thought Mumbai was like manipur in many ways because we never even raise a voice to our maids, if we have any. Even today, i don't keep a maid, you won't believe me, and I am in the upper income bracket.. We just aren't used to it.....not that I have never had the service if a maid.. but i do my own things as long as I can manage

25/2/06 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patriarchy makes us think "only men can be brutal."

Even though we consider women to be equal in capabilities to men is most fields, but as far as crime and brutal behaviour is concerned, we feel, women can not do it ?

Why ?? Because Patriarchy conditions us that way.

Women can be as brutal as men.

25/2/06 11:59 PM  
Blogger BlueByrd said...

This heinous WITCH must be roasted in boiling oil 50% and then electrocuted 50%. She earned it and deserves it. Thats the rulin in my court of law !!! Show no mercy !! Poor little girl my heart goes out to her suffering. Even though the physical scars may heal up some the emotional trauma will haunt her for a much longer time. I hope she forgets them as she grows....the sooner the better !! GOD BLESS THIS CHILD AND MAY HE PROTECT HER AND KEEP HER OUTTA HARMS WAY ~

MAY PEACE PREVAIL IN THE CHILD'S LIFE!

26/2/06 2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon: it is rightly said that Female of the species are more deadlier than the male..

BlueB: Hope the child gets justice

26/2/06 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This news is really shocking , how can a woman (who is mother) brutally hit a child worker, now god only can save her baby child and husband from her.She should get the same tratement in JAIL.

26/2/06 7:11 PM  
Blogger HutumpaNcha said...

HORRIBLE, SHOCKING

26/2/06 11:23 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

i understand where ure coming at - im not used to maids as well - its very expensive here but in india its pretty cheap - when we were there for a few months mom got one - n felt very uncomfortable that i actually sent her away - n i have a tendency of striking conversations with the maids and getting them to eat at the same table - which doesnt go down well with the employers sadly

27/2/06 8:15 AM  
Blogger Kusum Rohra said...

this is just so cruel, only a monster can do that.

2/3/06 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home