Monday, February 27, 2006

Nothing In Particular..

Writing, experts say, is a skill that can be systematically learnt.
It is not like creating fiction or writing a great novel, good writing can be cultivated and that is what most books on writing seem to be saying.
I hope it is true.. because I am doing just that.
Learning.

I got myself some books, though I am not getting much reading time.
Blogging is one good way of learning how to write better.

I am trying trying to repair what damage i did to my writing, with years of Email, Chat Rooms and SMSes... More than a bad grammar what it gave me is this Sloppiness, where i don't actually realise what i am typing and then press the publish button without as much as giving a second glance.
Well, I guess I need to start writing on notepad, becuase the automated spell and grammar checker is another thing that does add to the general sloppiness...

And I m going to do a lot more writing, and less of reporting and linking.
I am hoping that by the end of this year I will get at least a few readers who actually come to read what i write and not because I left a comment on their blog.
That doesn't mean I will stop writing other non-writing stuff..
But I will try to write for the sake of writing too.

Like the doorman said "Lock yourself in a room for a few hours, every day. Read. Write. Read. Write. Read. Write. Read. Write. Compare. Go back to the drawing board. Write more. Read more. Write more. Repeat. " [ via JAP, BTW, Clublife is one of fav blogs alongside to waiterrant and mimi]

But I know I will take sometime..
But I will be patient.
Afterall I have been blogging for more than 2 years now.
Only I never cared about what I wrote.
Now I will learn to.
And feedbacks are welcome.

Uh! Today I did something I can't blog about..
Maybe someday.
How will I carry all the secrets to my grave...

Share this Post >> Del.icio.us / Facebook / Stumble / Reddit

2 Comments:

Blogger dwaipayan said...

well, best of luck for ur new venture

28/2/06 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thans Dwaipayan

1/3/06 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home