Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Back from Blogging Break

I had to take a small blogging break.
How I wish the cause was different.
How so very much I wish that the break was due to an unmanageable schedule.
That it was because I was sick.
How badly I wish!!!!

She was the first stranger who became related to us and joined our family.
I was maybe 4 years old, and was shy of strangers.
More so, of sweet strangers.
She was very sweet, and I never saw her angry, even once.

When my father called me up to say that my aunt was no more, I was stunned.
The first thing I remembered at that instant was the first time we met.
Me and my Aunt. My first Aunt.

It was the morning after her marriage to my Uncle. I was hiding behind my Mom, sneaking at peek at the new person in the family. She asked why I was feeling shy. And that she was my aunt. We became friends afterwards. I remember us playing Ludo and Snake and ladder during my summer vacations.

She shouldn’t have died.
I will miss you Dear Indocha ( Small Aunt in Manipuri).
And not to worry, I will take care of your children.

Dear Blogging Friends, I am back.
I had been to Manipur for her last rites.
The shradh is on the comming friday, but I didn't stay till then.
I attended and performed a more important rite that happens on the 5th day.
Got to do with recovering the ashes from the forehead ( asthi) from the Cremation ground and cleasing the same ( the container) and some puja.

Share this Post >> Del.icio.us / Facebook / Stumble / Reddit

5 Comments:

Blogger Kusum Rohra said...

May her soul rest in peace, she sure sounds like a real sweet person.

26/4/06 1:08 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

im sorry for your lost - cherish the memories - take care

27/4/06 7:58 AM  
Blogger starry said...

I am sorry about your Aunt.

27/4/06 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your aunt, and for her children and family. Take care.

27/4/06 4:49 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss. May her soul rest in peace.

27/4/06 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home