Friday, May 26, 2006

First half was good!!

I just watched Fanaa, and I am not sure if it will be a hit or a flop.
Amir Khan was amazing, and Kajol looked as pretty as ever.
It helped that she was more than generous with her show of the cleavage.

A tour guide flirting with a group of pretty tourists??
But Amir Khan carried it off so well, that I am afraid it might leave a precedence.

Amir asking Kajol, " Are you blind", and instead of the usual Hindi Movie answer, Kajol replied with a smile, " yes I am, can't you see. Are you blind too?" And Kajol looked cute... Generous dose of poetry, me suddenly wanted to learn poetry... the first half went pretty well..The Yash Chopra Feel good factor was there, in dollops.

After the interval, story went wobbly... Terrorist Based Movies don't do well Sir. Can you hear me, no we don't want to see the CIA type establishments in Hindi Movies and KGB is long gone.. Tabu was perhaps told to bore us to death, and she did acted her boring part well.. It bored me good. The anti-terrorist wing reminded of the Models Starrer movie December 16...

But But, KAJOL and Amir was worth the Ticket.... And the Kid actor is very cute, and funny.
Kajol is BACK ..

Amir Khan though is getting very very old. The age is showing...
He should start looking for roles that looks his age.

But he wasn't as bad as the posters, and the acting is still top class.. A1 they say....

Update: many people found the movie to b a crap, but Rashmi gave it a 4 star, it was mostly credited to the actors. Yes, like I said the actors were excellent. Kajol looked her best self, fresh as ever, the feeling you got when that gush of wind brushed her face with the score "Tujhe dekha to yeh Jaana". Amir Khan as I said looked old, as I said above, but other than the actors, I would also call it CRAP.... Had the movie continued in the rythm of the first half, it would have been a Hit. Somehow, they wanted to give it a James Bond- December 16 touch and then it went spiralling down.

Share this Post >> Del.icio.us / Facebook / Stumble / Reddit

5 Comments:

Blogger Nirav said...

The only thing where I agree with you is the third line :)
Else I thought the movie was crap!

27/5/06 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah! after all the hooplah.. it was such crap... liked the first haff though :-)

27/5/06 8:44 AM  
Blogger Bombay Addict said...

Bakwaas movie, total crap ! also posted.

27/5/06 11:38 AM  
Blogger Bombay Addict said...

hey tony - Have you read any other review in the blogosphere other than Rashmi, Nirav, Uma and yourself ? (and of course myself !), If yes, then please let me know, I'm doing a blogroll on my post (and so far I have four reviews). Thanks a million.

27/5/06 2:30 PM  
Blogger Aqua said...

i'm confused now...rashmi gave it 4 stars but all the blog reviews i read are bad.

27/5/06 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home