Reports Business week: months, but Palm's long-awaited European offensive in the arena of smartphones—pocket computers that double as a sophisticated cell phone—has finally kicked off in earnest. On Sept. 12, Palm (PALM), with British wireless partner Vodafone (VOD), unveiled the 3G Treo 750v smartphone. Like rivals such as Research in Motion (RIM), Motorola (MOT), and Nokia (NOK), Palm is moving aggressively to grab a bigger slice of a red-hot market—global sales of smartphones are expected to grow about 34% a year, reaching $54.6 billion by 2009.
Saturday, September 16, 2006
This is my Personal Blog. I now blog on my own WP blog, but since I started blogging on this blog, I keep this active for sentimental reasons with some occasional posts on Inspirational Life quotes.
- Google's For-Profit Philantrophy!
- India Inc's Attrition Rate Benefiting Whom?
- Steve Irwin's Death claims Stingray's Lives
- Venture Capital Has Arrived In India Finally!
- Will Brown Seaweed fight Obesity!
- QuickPlay Media and AdMob Network gets series B an...
- How did he get Electrocuted?
- Nigerian Widows Lose their Fortune, Actually!
- Freescale Semiconductor In talks of Largest ever T...
- Soapbox, Microsoft's Youtube