Sunday, January 01, 2006

First 2006 post

Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Days, Weeks, Months and Years.
We even have a Fortnight and Seasons thrown in.
Measures of time, measuring the immeasurable.
And we live by the units of time that we have devised for as long as we remember.
And so another year has gone by.
And I suddenly feel older, though I know I would feel much older, come February 9th.

I have lived more than a Qtr century now, and looking back I have spent good years.
Very good years and I only can hope that the years to come are as good if not better.
So far so good.
No regrets. Though sometimes I think, “Maybe I could have…….should have…..”
But I have had a good 1st Qtr.

Like my old Schoolmate Capt. NPK Singh used to say every time we embarked on a mission considered Punishable, ” You wouldn’t have stories to tell you grandkids”.
And I followed sometime and led sometime, all those childhood adventures and had my share of spankings and corporal punishments. Or when I rebelled against preparing for the Republic day parade because exam was near and I didn’t want to spend days practicing for the parade which was compulsory. Of course, exam was just an excuse for my lethargy. I never studied for exams those days.

And My goodness, I still remember That day. Me and another friend R. I guess there was a couple of others too. Fiercely proud teens who stood still when that sicko-perverted-stalinist delivered his blow on our calf with a longish two inches wide bamboo cane. R’s calf split and mine as sore for many days. Of course, the Physical instructions Teacher got transferred from our School after we gheraoed him. And lodged a complaint against him. What childhood, what school!

And those days when we used to sneak out of the residential campus by climbing the wall to go for movies or have kababs at the Muslim Lane called the Masjid Road.
I forgot which movie it was, but there were more than the normal number of boys missing that fateful day, and when we just jumped into the campus one by one, than those searchlights ( it was flash lights) zoomed onto us and we joined some other boys standing on benches in the coed dinning hall and the girls were staring at us. Of course, the coed Dinning hall had only girls and class 6 students since it was so for dinner. Lunch of course was mixed and we looked forward to our lunches everyday. The teachers attempt at humiliating us by making us stand on-the-bench during the girls’ dinner were of course in vain, for the girls started asking about the movies next day in class tee hee. And of course, we had about an Hour of unabandoned bird watching from high up.

And there are things that I don’t want my father to stumble upon. It’s been a very long walk since those days. Of growing immaturely during the very early twenties and then growing backwards afterwards when I realized that I had some more time to have fun, and live like 18 forever. By the way I am still 18.

Do I have regrets, not at all. For a few lakhs more in CTC a year, I can’t buy all those years and the fun that I had. Of course god have been kind and in 26 odd years I have had it all. Of course I want more from my life but no I don’t want my past to be anything else but what I have spent. I never had a boring childhood and teenage like most of my more studious friends had. My growing years weren’t spent with my nose between the books for I preferred B to K in the Books (lol) and Now I can concentrate on my work much better ;-) with few mysteries to unravel from life. Now, I can even study and catch up with my passion of classical music. And of course Blogging..

Happy new year.

Share this Post >> Del.icio.us / Facebook / Stumble / Reddit

11 Comments:

Blogger Aqua said...

:) this is the first comment of 2006 on yr blog. Wish you a very happy new year Antony!

1/1/06 5:28 PM  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

2nd post of the year. Happy New Year to you!

2/1/06 4:29 AM  
Blogger Soumyadip said...

Happy New Year!!

2/1/06 9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year tonY! :) *hugs*

2/1/06 1:01 PM  
Blogger KM said...

happy new year!
im genuinely happy for u for having a great 2005 and the years before!
:)
silent reader for how long huh?

2/1/06 3:49 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ Aqua: U indeed are! Wishing you a great new year
@ Enemy of the republic: have a great year ahead.
@ Soumyadip: Happy new year

2/1/06 5:54 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ Ektz: *Hugs* to you too

2/1/06 5:55 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Parna: That was a nice Greetings. Peace be with you too, and peace be with everyone

2/1/06 5:56 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ Khizzy: Thx a lot pal.. and its been long lol

2/1/06 5:57 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

Ahh nice one ;) brings back memories ;) school was fun and yes i wouldn't change a thing about my life even the mistakes ;)

ahem so its feb 9th eh - a day before my dad ;)

5/1/06 7:55 AM  
Blogger aa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/3/10 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home