Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Baghdad Burning for Literary Prize

The RiverbendBlog, popularly known as Baghdad Burning, is on the list for the Samuel Johnson Prize for non-fiction writing. Great going Riverbend.. [ link ] This is something more noteworthy than a book deal...


Riverbend began the blog in September 2003 with the words: “I’m female, Iraqi and 24. I survived the war. That’s all you need to know. It’s all that matters these days anyway.” I have been reading riverbend for that long. I was inspired and I even wanted to start an anonymous blog writing about the plight and real truths of Manipur, but then I figured out that people would suspect it was me anyway.

Share this Post >> Del.icio.us / Facebook / Stumble / Reddit

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There indeed are, but none with such signature bad grammar as I do lol...

29/3/06 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home