Friday, April 28, 2006

Be careful of what you blog!!

I am not talking about the Indian Graduate student who landed himself in jail for posting remarks in an internet bulletin board that were deemed as threats to George Bush and Cheney, whatever it meant. Thank god he didn't have a Blog. Anyway, I am not talking about the first ammendment here. And you can write whatever you want on your blog...But here, I am talking about a more practical issue.

With personal Blogs usually being the first site to get indexed in Search engines, you never know if your recruiter is going through your blog as (s)he takes the interview. And (s)he won't give much damn about the first ammendment.


On a second thought, Google indexing is one heck of an intelligent system.
I have never used my full name anywhere in my blog.
I have only used my first name there.And my last name was seen used in about 3 blog rolls, and based on that Bingo, My blog is indexed 1st on any search sites when my last name is searched.
Time to run a Spell checker on the archives :-)

Share this Post >> Del.icio.us / Facebook / Stumble / Reddit

3 Comments:

Blogger sebia said...

thts why i always say..with freedom cms great responsibility..blog may be ones personal space to say wotever he/she wants to..but shouldnt they be more careful about not hurting ppl with wht they say?
back here again after long time..and its not yours or mine birthday:)
how are u ..
and i simply loved ur cookery section..
tc

30/4/06 11:23 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

I am good sebia.. long time.. Oh! yeah... its none of us' birthday lol..

30/4/06 1:41 PM  
Blogger Hul said...

yep...should be double careful of what to write and what not to write. its good to have names that many people have. cheers

3/5/06 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home