Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Equality!!!

Are teachers who sleep with boys getting off?
Move over, Mrs. Robinson. The new public enemy is the bespectacled babe who teaches our kids math in the classroom and sex in the parking lot. Dozens of female teachers have been caught with male students in recent years, and the airwaves are full of outrage that we're letting them off the hook. On cable news, phrases like "double standard" and "slap on the wrist" are poured like pious gravy over photos of the pedagogue-pedophile-pet of the month. "Why is it when a man rapes a little girl, he goes to jail," CNN's Nancy Grace complains, "but when a woman rapes a boy, she had a breakdown?" [More]


Now, what shall we do with the female offenders? A little off topic ( or maybe not) but we demand that a rapist be punished becaused He ravaged the Victim. If the victim enjoyed the act like the SMS joke where a rape victim calls up the emergency and says, " Hello Police! Somebody has broken into my house and he is trying to raaaappppppe meeeeahhhheeeeeee, caannnn youuuahhh sendddd someonnneee tommmmooorrooooooowaaaahh"- Now this is very unlikely but with the likes of the female accused [here], I am not sure.

So like in this case and the various other cases mentioned in the links of full article above, were the teen boys really ravaged? As a parent, one wouldn't want it to happen to their son, and when I have a son, so wouldn't I. But a teenage 14 year old boy, full of young and fresh testosterones, I don't know if the victims really felt ravaged.

At 13/14, Boys start fantasing about their school teachers. Now where was she when I was in school?

Update:

This topic might sound a little sarcastic, and the joke in bad taste, but my message was about the grey areas of rape. Do read my reply to neha's comment in the comment section. OK, I am posting it here.

I was not trying to trivialize "Violation" only trying to touch the grey areas of violation with a little Sarcastic humour. Which is why I kept the word "ravaged" in bold. Somehow, so unlike my nature, I even advocate death sentence for rape when "ravage happens" but there are many cases of misusing 'rape', and yes there are rape of males and boys and YES I also Abhore such a thing. But accusing rape against a women for having sex with a 14 year old boy was sort of nudging towards the grey area. OK, the Joke was in bad taste, but unlike in the case of rape = forcible penetration of an orifice be it of a man or a woman,You can't force a man or a boy to get aroused..... or is it only my view? Violation of a boy by a girl would be very very difficult without arousal, and the very fact that one is aroused means that he was not forced (One can't be forcibly aroused, believe me) and unless there is force I refuse to call it as violation. A man would understand this.. Explaining more would need more gross terms dear friend.. But I will only accept sodomy as a violence against a male boy or a man.

Share this Post >> Del.icio.us / Facebook / Stumble / Reddit

5 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

Neha: I was not trying to trivialize "Violation" only trying to touch the grey areas of violation with a little Sarcastic humour. Which is why I kept the word "ravaged" in bold.
Somehow, so unlike my nature, I even advocate death sentence for rape when "ravage happens" but there are many cases of misusing 'rape', and yes there are rape of males and boys and YES I also Abhore such a thing.

But accusing rape against a women for having sex with a 24 year old boy was sort of nudging towards the grey area.

OK, the Joke was in bad taste, but unlike in the case of rape = forcible penetration of an orifice be it of a man or a woman,
You can't force a man or a boy to get aroused..... or is it only my view? Violation of a boy by a girl would be very very difficult without arousal, and the very fact that one is aroused means that he was forced and unless there is force I refuse to call it as violation.
A man would understand this.. Explaining more would need more gross terms dear friend.. But I will only accept sodomy as a violence against a male boy or man.

18/1/06 9:03 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

sorry: 24 was 14 and 5th line from bottom, he was forced should have been he was not forced.

18/1/06 9:11 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

But of course these were my views and don't refute other's views. I just felt that, just because Women do get raped and Boys also do get raped or rather sodomised, people sensationalise a lot of trivial things.. Statutory rape is one thin, raping a boy by a women is another... just think about it.... I don't want to give more vivid examples as to wy it is not possible.. It is not psychologically possible for a guy to have a hard on unless he wants it... Saying that the teacher was taking advantage of the innocence of the boy would just seem so hollow... I don't know.. somehow i think the story was a lot of bull..

here is the answer to your trivialisation of violence, By making the case in the links in my post equivalent to a rape case, IT IS TRIVIALISING RAPE and VIOLENCE

think about it.

18/1/06 9:23 PM  
Blogger neha vish said...

Anthony: While I don't want to launch into a discussion on anatomy - let me give you the concept of child molestation and child sexual abuse. Anybody under the age of 16 is a child. Anyone having sex with a person who is under 16 (without or without the child's consent)and being an adult him/herself is committing the act of rape. (Given that the adult is not forced into the act) It's a straight forward legal definition.

I said you trivialized rape with your underlining the notion of being aroused by being raped. I sincerely suggest you have a brief conversation or read up a bit more on male victims of rape before assuming that a male cannot penetrate if forced to.

Movies misinterpret to be an act where there is bashing up. Much of rape happens in fear and terror. Almost at gunpoint or knifepoint. The violence is as mental as it is physical. Arousal in a male is not just due to a sexual trigger - it can be triggered by the need to perform under pressure or threat as well. This might open up your views a bit.

Women can rape men. They are not above it or incapable of it. Rape is a larger phenomenon of sexual politics and power, and has little to do with sexual arousal.

18/1/06 10:03 PM  
Blogger Wacky Vin said...

I was wondering if you would be jealous with your son or his teacher? Any way sex with a 14 year guy may not fall under rape, but is should fall under some offence. A kid may be getting involved voluntarily but the fact is he is unaware of the consequences. It ruins his innocent teen age. It’s like one can not justify selling drugs just because a kid consumes it voluntarily. Underage sex is like drugs.

19/1/06 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home