Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Air Deccan, no links

My blogging behavior has changed drastically in the past few months.
I don’t write much of personal stuff.
I just link a nice article or two, with an even smaller commentary.
But then I love those link blogs, so it’s Ok.

But I guess I should remember to post something nice something personal too at times.
Like my bizarre experiences and even more bizarre opinions.

So I went home for the last rites of my late Aunt, so I wrote.
It started out as a long weekend, and I was looking forward to a lot of fun and partying.
I went to Kolkata, and yes Kolkata can be fun, if you know the right people and the places.
Somebody said that it was the hidden Bangkok. The weekend however was cut short by the sudden demise of the said aunt, may god bless her soul.

So I went to Kolkata, first.
By Air Deccan.
Simplifly.

It wasn’t the first time I booked an Air Deccan flight.
In fact, I booked the “e-ticket” twice earlier, only to be cancelled at the last moment to get me Jet Airways or Air Sahara the second time. Unfortunately or otherwise, the cheap price wasn’t too different from the Jet Check fare, since I always do last minute bookings.

As fate would have it, I took to Air Deccan this time.
I wanted to fly it. To see it for once, the Ryanair, the easyjet of India.
I didn’t even get peanuts though.

Technology, they have implemented well. Like e-tickets, Inkjet printers at the airport ticket counter, etc etc but one thing that impressed upon me was the SMS alert. It was cool. The first SMS reads, “…..flight rescheduled at 8:45 pm”. Mind you from 8:40 pm. Now that was customer care at best.
Informing me about a 5 minute delay.
It was great.

Then I got the second SMS, and after about 4 SMSs the flight took off at 11 pm. And I didn’t even see Bipasha Basu during that 2 hour wait at the Mumbai Airport. I was Pissed.

I didn’t know one had to carry cotton rolls if you are traveling by Air Deccan.
How much frill are they cutting with the ear plugs goddamn it.
Air plugs are not comforts but a necessity for some passengers.
I said I wanted to buy, but they didn’t have it.
With a mind already biased, I felt the seats were way too crowded. No knee space, and the seats reclined back only about an inch. Oh My God!

And what a landing we had. The worst ever landing, must have taken some half an hour of Bumpy ride.
The pilot didn’t speak English.
The other day I had read about foreign Pilots who don’t speak English having trouble landing because of communication gap between the ATCs and pilots.
When it landed, I said a prayed.


The return Kingfisher flight was Super.
Jet Airways just got itself some serious competition.
Not to mention the pretty lady that sat across the Aisle.
She had come with Upen Patel.

I, for one, am flying Kingfisher always…..
Let the good times roll, was it?

Share this Post >> Del.icio.us / Facebook / Stumble / Reddit

5 Comments:

Blogger Hul said...

flew like a king...except the queen sat elsewhere...he hahah.

4/5/06 8:45 AM  
Blogger Anks said...

you really expected to see bips on the airport!!!

reading your writing after a long time... hope you keep it up...

4/5/06 11:51 AM  
Blogger Wacky Vin said...

I fly by Air deccan when I have to pay from my pocket. I find it good replacement of train.

Good to know that pilot actually communicates with ATC.

I will try Kingfisher (I mean Air lines) sometime.

4/5/06 12:37 PM  
Blogger Kusum Rohra said...

Hhmm lots of my male frds to don't mind spending an extra grand for travelling by Kingfisher instead of Air deccan, guess boys will be boys.

http://kusumrohra.blogspot.com/2005/12/boys-will-be-boys.html#links

4/5/06 6:05 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ Hul: Thats right..... sad :-(

@ Anks: Nice to see you here too..
I actually see someone or the other most times I have to wait at the Mumbai airport.. lol

@ Wacky: maybe i had a bad day, but I have heard similar stories.. like somesaid, it's not just cheap fare.. they r actually cheap...
ATC or whatever, those guys actually tell them that the ground is clear for landing etc etc

@ Kusum: I would not want to go by Deccan for free... ;-)
But of course boys :-) will be boys

4/5/06 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home